A holiday in a famous place

© Blenheim Palace. Image byLola la Torre
Hello everyone! I hope you had a nice summer and managed to relax.  I'd like to share with you how I spent my summer holiday, but, you'll have to guess rather than me telling you! 

Guess the pictures
1) Look at this picture and guess what this building is:
a) a hotel      b) a language school    c) a palace

Click here to find out.


2) Do you know the man represented in the picture? What is his connection with the building in the photo above? Click on the image below to find out.
 
Image from Wikimedia
Video
Watch the video below about Winston Churchill. Several people talk about him and how he influenced politics during and after his death. As you watch take notes on the following:
  1. What is Churchill's impact in today's politics?
  2. What personal traits made him successful?
  3. What talents did he have?



Things you can do around Blenheim Palace
Once again, I'd like you to guess what I did during my stay by looking at some photos:

© Lola la Torre

© Lola la Torre
That's right, I had a chocolate cookie and a capuccino just before lunch most days.
What do you think of the price? How does it compare with having a coffee and a biscuit in Madrid?

Look at the photo below. What do you think I enjoyed doing around Blenheim Palace?

© Lola la Torre
I fed the swans, of course, but not just the swans. Look at the following photo:


© Lola la Torre

I fed this friendly goose, Geoffrey.

That's all for now.

Food to start the day

© Lola la Torre
There is a saying, "In Rome do what the Romans do", and that's exactly what I did. But I wasn't in Rome, I was in England.

What can you see in the picture? Can you name all the ingredients?

Click here to check.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ADVANCED C1:Describing works of art

Prepositions

Civil rights movement